Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Week 5 Reflection

1. What did you learn?
I learned how to use Photobucket to make adding pictures to my blog SO MUCH EASIER!! I also learned how to make a playlist.

2. How will you use what you have learned?
I think the most useful thing from this lesson for my classroom is embedded videos from YouTube and TeacherTube. I found so many math lessons already created and online. I know that some of my parents will appreciate being able to see a lesson that is similar to what we did in class so they can help their students work at home. I'm not sure that I would use a photo sharing site or playlist on a classroom blog, but I will definitely utilize those things for my personal blog!

3. How did you feel about this tool?
I enjoyed learning about these tools.

4. What do you not want to forget about this tool?
I really want to remember the vast number of video resources available online. I also want to remember how to put them on my blog for parents to access.

5. How can this be used in the classroom or in your educational role?
As I said above, the embedded videos are going to be very useful for showing parents (and reminding students) of what we did in class. I plan on adding this type of video to my classroom blog when I can find one that fits the current curriculum.

6. Should you use this in the classroom or your educational role?
Absolutely!

7. Would you use a shared media like playlist.com?
I don't know that I would use a playlist on a classroom blog. Although I enjoy hearing the music, my parents might not want to hear it every time they open the blog.

8. What questions do you still have about this tool?
Is there a way to search for music by theme/type when creating playlists?

1 comment:

orteganic said...

Hey Kara,
Glad to see you going through the last couple of assignments... Playlist.com doesn't allow searches by genre (at least not yet, that I know of...) but pandora is an online radio station that you can customize. For example, if I pick a band or song that I like, the station will play songs that have similar qualities. Then you can "teach" it your preferences by giving songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. It might be the type of thing you're looking for. See you this afternoon!