Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Week 1 Reflection

1. What did you learn?
I learned how to create an avatar and put it on my blog. I have seen them used on various web pages, but I never knew how to create one.


2. How will you use what you have learned?
I'm not sure if I will specifically use avatars with my kids, but when I uploaded it to the blog, I learned about different page elements that can be added to the blog that I wasn't aware of. I think it will be neat to get some student voices, videos, and work added to the blog in this way.


3. How did you feel about this tool?
I love blogging! I started a blog when my son was born as a way to give updates and show pictures to family. Now I'm excited about using blogging as a way to communicate with parents and get student feedback.


4. What do you not want to forget about this tool?
I don't want to forget how easy it is to post! Time is valuable in the classroom, but it only takes a few minutes to post something.


5. How can this be used in the classroom or in your educational role?
I will definitely use blogging to communicate with parents and students.


6. Should you use this in the classroom or your educational role?
Absolutely!!!


7. What questions do you still have about this tool?
I feel comfortable with blogs, so I don't have any questions right now.

2 comments:

orteganic said...

Hey Kara,
Loving your blog, I especially like your talking Avatar and all the great pics of your family that you’ve posted. It sounds like you already feel comfortable with blogging, and if you don’t already have an RSS reader; it’s going to make your life so much easier! Keep up the good work and let me know if you have any questions.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kara,
I love how personal you have made your blog and how comfortable you are at blogging. I need to learn how to be more open and write more freely on mine. I'm a math teacher too and love to hear more ideas that you have for using blogs in the classroom and how you plan on organizing you blog to do so!

~Jessica~