Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wikis

A wiki is a website that allows all members to collaborate on a certain idea or topic. It allows members to edit and add information.


8th Grade Math Tips
This wiki helps kids work through tough TAKS problems. I think it's a great idea that I can definitely use in the classroom. I will never have enough time in class to go over every single problem that the kids are struggling with. This is a way that I can help them understand problems and give them strategies. They will be able to leave feedback this way as well.

Web2ThatWorks
This wiki gives various ideas for technology in the classroom. It has a great chart that correlates with Marzano's Classroom Instruction that Works. I think that this will be a good tool to come back to when I'm looking to incorporate various aspects of technology in my classroom next year.

TeachWiki
This wiki is all about using technology in the classroom as well. It is the tech wiki for my campus, so I will certainly be referring to it frequently next year as I strive to make my classroom technology-rich!

No comments: